Submissions OPEN for the 2019 Main-Stage Festival
The 17th Annual Fresh Fruit Festival of LGBTQ Arts, held July 8 through 21 at The WILD Project and other Manhattan venues
Categories: Full length plays; One-Act Plays; Choreographed Dance pieces; Thematic new Solo Shows, comedic or dramatic; Musicals; Opera; Cabaret; Unimaginable . . . ? -any kind of performance art featuring LGBTQ characters or themes.
The CREATIVITY is yours; the OVERHEAD is ours. And thanks to the generosity of New York City’s Department of Cultural Affairs and the New York City Council there are no required application fees or participation fees, and all productions receive a box office share. We provide:
- ADA and AEA approved performance venues
- AEA approved venue insurance
- Technical, Booth, & Front-of-house Staff
- Repertory Lighting Plot & Sound system, with Video available
- On-line, real-time ticketing service with audit trail
- Glossy, full-color Festival brochures
- Networking events & Marketing assistance for all shows
- Optional co-production plans* for higher box-office shares
Deadline: Tuesday, January 29th.
Late Submission Deadline: ($35 Late Reading Donation due) Monday, February 25th. (NO Fee if you are on NY Medicaid)
Click on the APPLY button below to go to the full Application Form. Please download a study copy so you can later complete the form in one online session (required). Note: Your planned production cannot be a repeat of something you performed in the 15 months preceding the July Festival. If you are producing an Out-Of-Town show (25 miles from New York City) be prepared to submit a marketing plan, and accept one of our co-production plans.
* For more detailed information on how the Festival works, go to the Festival Links page for documents and photos from last year (subject to updating): > LINKS <